Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What the Hell Happened?



What....the.... hell happened?  Over a year ago, that was the question I was asking myself.  My personal life crumbled into a ball of shit and lit itself on fire.  What I thought was the worse thing that could happen to me, actually turned out to be the best.  Yes, it sounds cliche, and you know how much I love them, but ironically it is the simple truth.  Betrayal, divorce, starting over...yes, it sounds like a romance novel that I'd never read; instead, I got to live it.  Here I am, mid-life, feeling tossed aside, lied to, deceived, and completely pissed off.  So, how is it the best thing that could've happened?

It was the shake up, wake up, I needed.  As much as I hated going through it, I'm finally coming out the other end in one piece, better in fact.  Sure, I'm poorer and that is scary, but I have my own space, money and a freedom that I didn't even know was possible.  Also, I have love...real, true love. Wait, what?  I didn't plan it, didn't even conceive it, really, but in the midst of all the chaos, I reconnected with my soulmate.  23 years later, two divorces, traveling the country, raising kids and living different lives, our paths finally merged at the right time. I thought my divorce was the worst thing that could happen to me, but it brought me back to the man (in my opinion) I should have married in the first place.  Sure, we both had to take the separate journey for us to be the people we are and to end up in the places we did, which is now finally together, happy and ridiculously so.

With that said, it's time for me to get back to reading and writing.  As I sit in my new home, with my two dogs, I've decided to resurrect Miss Bling and her wonderful reviews.  It's time to reconnect with the book community that I've greatly missed.

Don't worry, I'm not going to write a romance novel -- but I do plan to resume work on book #4 and of course, reading and reviewing.

No comments :

Post a Comment