Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Into Horror RAT





Yeah, yeah, I'm late to the party once again. Honestly, I've been reading, but I'm now just getting around to typing up my blog post. I'm playing catch up! Currently, I'm reading Unhallowed Ground by Gillian White. I thought it would fit into the horror genre, but so far it really doesn't qualify. Bumming. We have creepy people, but nothing much has happened yet. I'm hoping something horrific is afoot.
BookBox: embed book widget, share book list

Monday
Book - Unhallowed Ground by Gillian White
Pages Read - 70
Notes: I began this book prior to the start of the read-a-thon, but I am only counting the pages I read from the official kick off time. 145 pages minus 75 = where I begin. So far not very horror-esque. Hum...here's to hoping!

Tuesday
Books - Unhallowed Ground by Gillian White
Pages Read - 158
Notes: Not bad!  I'm 57% finished.  It's a big book - 400 pages. 

Wednesday 
Books - Unhallowed Ground by Gillian White
Pages Read - (starting on 228) 20
Notes: Did not do a stellar job today.  Oops.

Thursday
Books - Unhallowed Ground by Gillian White
Pages Read - 70
Notes: Finally, I think I can classify this as horror!  It's similar to a Stephen King creepy kind of novel.

Friday
Books - Unhallowed Ground by Gillian White Finished!
Pages Read - 152
Book Complete - 1
Notes: In addition to this readathon -- I'm also applying my reading to the Dewey 24 hr. readathon happening right now! 

Saturday - The Darkling by R.B. Chesterton
Pages Read - 122
Book Complete - 1 
Notes: This one is definately horror.  Think A Sound Among the Trees meets The Orphan. Creepy factor in effect!

Sunday - The Darkling by R.B. Chesterton
Pages Read - 107
Books Complete - 1 
Notes:  This is a scary one!  I'm loving it! Southern setting, mystery, ghosts, creepy kids...what's not to adore! Right up my reading alley :)

2 comments :

  1. Both The Other Typist and Unhallowed Ground sound really, really good. Even if not the more horror-laden on Unhallowed Ground's side.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you're joining me again. Looks like you have some good reads lined up. Hope your current one gets more horrific for you. ;O)

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete