Sunday, March 3, 2013

OMGeezus! Take Control of This TBR Pile ~ March Challenge!



Time out! I need to take a moment to organize my TBR pile. March is the perfect time to prioritize! There are two things happening - Yes, it took me a minute to figure this out (Super DUH moment). The "Challenge" is all month.  The "Read-A-Thon" is March 15-18th. The #hashtag below is for the read-a-thon. Yeah, so I used it to tweet early.  I was excited, okay!  
#TakeControlRAT

Confession: I don't have a single TBR pile, but rather I sort into three towering piles! 
  • My personal picks (completely neglected) 
  • Advanced reader copies, galleys and media market published books (solicited)
  • Independent or small house publishing (unsolicited)
As my book review venture and ranking grows, so does the exciting number of requests, scripts, advanced reader copies and ready-for-market books in my mailbox. I wish I could accept and read more, but there just isn't enough hours or days in the week. I also don't want to lose sight of why I love reading in the first place -- for that reason, I continue to allow myself my own personal picks in between books for review. Yes, this does lower the number of submissions I accept, but for me, it's a must I can't sacrifice. 

This month, I'm participating in the Take Control of Your TBR Pile hosted by Kimba at Caffeinated Book Review

How it works:
  • Link-Up at Caffeinated Book Reviewer
  • The Challenge runs March 1 - 31 (sign up anytime)
  • The Read-A-Thon is March 15-18 
  • For a book to qualify, ALL books must have been published before March 2013!
  • Post review to any place of your choosing i.e. Goodreads, facebook, blog and then link it to the Rafflecopter for giveaway entry
  • Prize: New 2013 release of your choice
  • Open Internationally
Are you ready to see some of the titles stacked in my TBR pile? I just might have to brush off some dust! I also have a books-in-review shelf over at Goodreads if you're interested in seeing what titles are rotating through the queue. 
BookBox: embed book widget, share book list
BookBox: embed book widget, share book list 
BookBox: embed book widget, share book list 
* Unfortunately, not every submission makes it all the way to the review stage, which means after further examination, it did not meet the criteria for a featured review (see policy).  

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for posting this, I had been toying with the idea to join in forever, and you finally swayed me.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting through some of these books! I am excited to join my first read-a-thon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the books you have selected for the read-a-thon, good luck and thanks for joining. Hope you enjoy all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete