Thursday, December 6, 2012

HOLIDAY #readathon Begins....Tis' the Season!




I'm pledging $.10 a page to be donated to Motley Zoo, an animal organization that is a volunteer, foster-based group in my area dedicated to the welfare and placement of pets in need. I may need to set a max. donation, but I'll deal with that if the situation occurs. I'm a mega animal lover and protector -- this organization works every year with our local Dirty Paws campaign in my little town of Duvall to raise funds for no kill shelters and other animal welfare causes. This year's donation will be in honor of Ruby, my long time companion who passed away this summer from kidney failure due to old age. She hung in to the last minute. "Ghost doggie" is still with us :). And, for my new edition, Ume, my happy little pup who has huge paws to fill. She's learning the ropes. 
My best friend Ruby, R.I.P 2012
UME!!! Oh boy, this is a mischievous pup
Twitter Party
When: Sunday, December 9th
Time: 9-10PM EST, 
Where: #Readathon
 
We’ll talk about the books we are reading and holiday memories and anything else you’d like to share. I will be hosting several giveaways during that time.

Tracking my progress:

December 7
Pages Read: 25
Books Finished: --

December 8
Pages Read: 87
Books Finished: 1

December 9
Pages Read: 147
Books Finished:

Total Pages Read: 259
Total Books Finished: 1

My Reading Pile
Here are the books I have to choose from.  You can click on image to read synopsis if interested :)
BookBox: embed book widget, share book list

1 comment :

  1. Love this so much! So thrilled you're participating & looking forward to checking in!

    ReplyDelete