Saturday, October 13, 2012

Whew! My Dewey's 24 hour Read-A-Thon Update!



I started reading just after midnight and then eventually fell asleep (more like a nap lol). I'm taking care of my pup who just had surgery yesterday. It's a good weekend to read in front of the fireplace while she recovers. We were up at the crack of dawn. Okay, more like 8:30, but that is really early for me. After braving the down pour outside for a potty break (her, not me), we dried off and got a cup of coffee. I'm a bit behind on posting my starting meme, but here are the answers to the questions:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm checking in from the Emerald City, Seattle Washington!  Woot! (PST)

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Hum....I think Strange Suburban

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Coffee and pumpkin pie

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Well, most people know me (in the book world) as the founder and reviewer for Bitsy Bling Books. I'm also a published author. I have two kids (21 and 17) and absolutely adore my new puppy. I travel, ghost hunt, investigate and research.  I have a ridiculous shoe fetish and simply can't live without my Starbucks.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I wish I could read more and sleep less. I do wish it was a weekend long read-a-thon because I could get more reading achieved. That whole, 'sleep' thing really takes up too much of my time lol.


I completely changed what I planned to read because I remembered this is the month of the witch!  I'm participating in a reading challenge for the month of October that focuses on reading books about witches or witchcraft. You'd think this would be a fairly easy task -- however, I have many 'paranormal' books on my shelf, but hardly any involve witches. BUT, I did find one tucked away on my Kindle. I read the first in the series Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase and enjoyed it, so I cracked this one open at 12:01 am.  
Jade Calhoun was never fond of her empath abilities. Now she’s discovered she has another gift she’d rather not unwrap—magic. But when her mentor, Bea, becomes gravely ill and insists Jade’s the only one who can help, she’s forced to embrace her witchy side. It’s too bad she spent a decade shunning the magical community and never learned to harness her powers. Because time’s run out. A trapped spirit has revealed a clue to Jade’s long-lost mother. The resident angel has gone rogue and disappeared with Jade’s boyfriend, Kane. And if that wasn’t enough, her ex appears to be possessed. To save any of them, Jade will need to find a way to control her inner white witch—without succumbing to black magic. Otherwise, she’ll lose everything…including her soul.
Progress Update:  55 pages read. Retrieving another cup of coffee and a Greek yogurt parfait before continuing onward!

2 comments :

  1. Pumpking pie sounds fantastic for today! I might have to go track some down later... Enjoy your 'thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog header! Plus, I could totally go for some coffee and some pumpkin pie now. It'll be a bit of a drive for you since I'm in Virginia, but it would be appreciated. ;)

    Read all day
    Read all night
    Read that book
    'Til the morning light!

    #CheerTamales

    ReplyDelete