Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bout of Books Read-A-thon



Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.  It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in.  Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.  There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.  For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 5.0 team. (Twitter #boutofbooks).

BOOKS TO READ

BookBox: embed book widget, share book list

GOALS: To read as much as I can! To visit all the blogs, follow and tweet.

UPDATES - I've tweaked the template a little by instead of recording the # of books, I will be tracking # of pages.  This is a quicker way to give me incentive and see my progress.  Also, I update pages read at Goodreads - so this will remind me to do that.


Monday

Number of pages I've read today: 94

Total number of pages I've read: 94
Books:

Tuesday

Number of pages I've read today: 86
Total number of pages I've read:  180
Books:

Wednesday

Number of pages I've read today: 47
Total number of pages I've read: 227
Books:

Thursday

Number of pages I've read today: 122
Total number of pages I've read:  349
Books: 1 - Finished!  My REVIEW of Fortune's Fool







Friday

Number of pages I've read today:  84
Total number of pages I've read:  433
Books: 1

Saturday

Number of pages I've read today: 49
Total number of pages I've read: 482
Books: 2 - Finished!  My REVIEW of Hotel Noir






Sunday

Number of books I've read today:  25
Total number of pages I've read:  507
Books: 2

7 comments :

  1. Hey i'm doing this read a thon too :) and i'm a new follower !
    I haven't read any of these books but I hope that you'll enjoy reading them !
    Oh you're reading a french book? (Hotel Noir) because i'm french !
    Good luck and have fun !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just started Hotel Noir last night and couldn't put it down. Read 40% of it! I really like the book -- it has a Death In Venice feel to it.

      Delete
  2. Those are good goals :) I hope you have fun reading! I have not heard of these books before- I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on reaching your goals! I'm definitely going to be tweeting like crazy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started counting my pages a couple of Bout-of-Books ago. Just another way to keep track. Great list of books. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo I got Carnival for the Dead from BEA this year. Hope youre having fun so far =D

    -Becky
    http://bookbitereviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/bout-of-books-read-thon-goalsupdates.html

    ReplyDelete