Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon



To join in, click on starting line FORM
Follow updates and tweet using hashtag #boutofbooks

My read-a-thon mission:  To buckle down and read.  Half way through the read-a-thon I will be taking the show on the road and updating as I travel.  This will either turn out to be a productive idea or a total disaster.  Even though I'm traveling, I will actually have a lot of sitting and reading time -- which is the idea, right?  That is, if I don't get sidetracked by .....what's that?  A bird?....Oh, people watching...

My most urgent TO-BE-READ (TBR):  I will need more than a week to get through this pile, but I thought I'd stack 'em up and see how it goes. *Note:  The books are not listed in any particular order. Think of it like a song shuffle on an ipod -- but this is my book shuffle.  

How much I plan to read:  As much as possible. I keep track of my page reading through 'currently-reading' at Goodreads. I don't track hours because it's too difficult - so I just do it by pages and books.
The LanternBoxer, Beetle: A NovelFistful of Reefer (Reeferpunk)An Epitaph for CoyoteOskaloosa MoonBlood Passage (The Donaghue and Stainer Crime Novel series)The Sorrow KingThe Lying Game #2: Never Have I EverThe Night CircusYou Against MeEvery You, Every MeThe Spectacular Simon Burchwood
MONDAY 8/22
Number of pages I've read today:  109

Number of books I’ve read today: n/a
Today #insixwords: A slow start, but not bad.
TUESDAY 8/23
Number of pages I've read today: 60

Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Today #insixwords: Life got in the way today
WEDNESDAY 8/24
Number of pages I've read today:  57

Number of books I’ve read today: n/a
Today #insixwords: #epicfail at reading due to chores
THURSDAY 8/25
Then everything went terribly wrong with my travel/read plans.  Ugh!  Not the sit and read relaxing break I thought I'd get.  Boo.


To follow my progress on Twitter- @bitsyblingbooks #boutofbooks

7 comments :

  1. I will probably never be able to read my books in a set order. Since I'm a slightly moody reader, it all depends on how I feel. I hope reading while traveling turns out to be productive rather than disastrous. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your read-a-thon goals. I will be traveling too and sometimes that is a good time to read, but not this time as I am driving and not flying. I think I will count my pages read also instead of time, that is easier - thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand about getting sidetracked...is that a new episode of American Dad, lol! Oh yeah must keep eyes on book;) Well good luck and your book list it looks great and actually I see a few I might add to my TBR pile. *sigh* Thanks! lol.

    Happy Reading!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals this week! I always get sidetracked during read-a-thons. Something I probably shouldn't admit since I host four read-a-thons a year. LOL! I'm hoping to get some reading done this week. I'm SO behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Bout of Books! Yeah, I'm doing the same thing to keep track-- pages and percent complete from GoodReads works well enough for me :)
    Good Luck!

    Oh, and I'm on my way to finishing Night Circus today, and so far it's AMAZING!

    Best Wishes!
    -Savs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!


    You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. It’s not a pass on award. This is just for you to keep. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to find the Ultimate Dating Site? Join to find your perfect date.

    ReplyDelete