Monday, February 21, 2011

What Are You Reading? It's Monday!



Hosted by The Book Journey


Currently, I'm reading Endless Love by Scott Spencer.  It is the February book of the month for the book club I moderate "Read This Next!" over at Goodreads.

I haven't had much time to read this past week because I'm in the final stages of authoring my third book, The Secret of A Spicy Jalapeno.  Today, I  sent my novel off to the editor and now I wait for corrections.  This week I plan on finishing up my read and starting something new.  Although, I haven't decided which book I will dive into next.  I also plan on starting work on book four!  Yep, no rest for the creative mind.

Endless Love
by Scott Spencer

One of the most celebrated novels of its time, Endless Love remains perhaps the most powerful book ever written about young love. Riveting, compulsively readable, and ferociously sexual, Endless Love tells the story of David Axelrod and his overwhelming love for Jade Butterfield.

David and Jade are consumed with each other: their rapport, their desire, their sexuality, take them further than they understand. And when Jade's father banishes David from the home, he fantasizes the forgiveness his rescue of the family will bring, and he sets a "perfectly safe" fire to their house. What unfolds is a nightmare, a dark world in which David's love is a crime and a disease, a world of anonymous phone calls, crazy letters, and new fears—and the inevitable and punishing pursuit of the one thing that remains most real to him: his endless love for Jade and her family.

Published in 1979 and hailed as "one of the best books of the year" by theNew York TimesEndless Love is the novel that first established Scott Spencer as "the contemporary American master of the love story" (Publishers Weekly).

So far I am loving this book.  It is very intense and complex.  There is a hint of The Catcher In the Rye feel, which I'm really enjoying.  

8 comments :

  1. Good luck with your new book. Sounds like you'll be really busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Endless Love on VHS...I LOVE that movie, so I'm wondering if I should read the book, too. Or would the movie spoil the book?

    Sounds like something to explore.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I feel like a complete dork... I did not know Endless love was a book.

    Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent heard of Endless Love as a book either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard of this one either.
    Sounds great.

    enjoy ur reading week.
    thanks for visiting my blog.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Endless Love sounds fascinating. I would love to read it.I'm not familiar with the author either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only finished three books because I was working on papers for school. Come see what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete