Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading Challenge Wrap-Up



It's time to wrap up the reading challenge. If you've visited my site in the last 3 months you might have noticed the progress bars listed in the left-side bar. This was a list of books I was reading for the Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted by Callapidder Days. Since it was my first challenge, I went a bit conservative.  I enjoyed the reading challenge so much that I decided to sign up for more including some holiday challenges and several starting January 1st, 2011.  See my right-side bar or click on my reading challenge tab to view links and badges.  In addition, I'm braving hosting my very own historical fiction reading challenge:  Historical Tour de Genre

Wrap-Up Question:
Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list?
I finished all the books I listed and then some. I exceeded my expectations and kept going. All in all, I read and reviewed 21 books.

Here's the break down:
  • 11 were Indie Books
  • 5 were ARC NetGalley eBooks
  • 2 were Small Press
  • 3 were Mass Market

When I set out to complete this list I had no idea if I'd like the books. To my delight, this is by far the best 3 month list I've compiled. Several of these books will be featured on Bitsy's Best of 2010. It wasn't planned, it just worked out that way. Here is the list of books I finished. I hope you check out the individual reviews I wrote and if any of them interest you, pick them up.
  • On The Gathering Storm by Jason McIntyre
  • Happy Hour by Michele Scott
  • The Wedding Gift by Kathleen McKenna
  • Draculas by Crouch et.all
  • The Spurned Viscountess by Shelley Munro
  • Drowned Sorrow by Vanessa Morgan
  • While the Savage Sleeps by Andrew E. Kaufman
  • The Senance by John Harwood
  • The Poison of A Smile by Steven Jensen
  • Purple Jesus by Ron Cooper
  • The Red Church by Scott Nicholson
  • Do Tampons Take Your Virginity by Marie Simas
  • Cursed by Jeremy C. Shipp
  • Vampires: The Occult Truth by Konstantinos
  • The Raising by Laura Kasischke
  • No Greater Sacrifice by John C. Stipa
  • Haunting Miss Trentwood by Belinda Kroll
  • Mistletoe and Mayhem by Kate Kingsbury
  • The Mischief of the Mistletoe by Lauren Willig
  • The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
  • A Rogue's Pleasure by Hope Tarr

No comments :

Post a Comment